Savage Capital Max Scaling Pro — Expert Advisor for MetaTrader 5
A profitable and high scalable multi market Expert Advisor for MetaTrader 5: Forex, Indices, CFD & ETF trading.
Where & how can I download the Expert Advisor for MetaTrader 5?
The software is available on the MQL5 Market:
How to configure & use the profitable Savage Capital — Max Scaling Pro Expert Advisor for live trading:
- LOAD the EA into the strategy tester.
Configuration of the MetaTrader 5 STRATEGY TESTER
- Pick a market inside strategy tester, set the testing time range to example 01.01.2020 till today’s date. To observe latest market structure pattern information on a wider date range.
- Set Forward-Testing to NO
- Set DELAY to 99ms
- Pick 1-MINUTE OHLC data (or LIVE TICK DATA)
- Set BALANCE to 500 or higher (Start with small balance to see the power of this EA)
- Pick OPTIMIZE: FAST GENERIC ALGORITHM
- OPTIMIZE it for any METRIC. My PERSONAL ADVICE is COMPLEX CRITERIA, MAXIMUM.
- Check box to CALCULATE PROFIT in PIP MODE (faster calculation)
The Savage Capital Max Scaling Pro – EA SETTINGS Part 1
- Go to INPUT TAB – NOW WE SET THE OPTIMIZING PARAMETERS and SETTINGS to generate best train result versions. I will tell you my solid setting for ANY MARKET. Only correct TP & SL for your specific market. The rest is always the same, it will work to generate the best versions of high profitable trade setups.
- Set ALLOW TRADING to TRUE. This is your main switch so trades can be executed. Works for testing in Demo and Live market trading. If set to FALSE, it will generate only alarms for information of potential trade situations, but will never execute trades. So if the EA is not trading, always check first if this is set to TRUE.
- Set STOP LOSS between 350 up to 500. (other values are possible but not very wise, it depends on the market, point range and trade setup. Currency work good with that.)
- Set TAKE PROFIT between 450 and 750. (also depending on the market, point range and trade setup. Gold and Currency work well with those ranges.)
- Info: 350 points mean 35 pip, 750 points mean 75 pip.
- Set DYNAMIC UP DOWN to 0.01 (Depends on the market and what’s the minimum LOT SIZE is. Less is better on longer testing date ranges. If you test a smaller date range, you can adjust it to a higher value. Same reason as for the initial balance, which we spoke earlier. You want to see that this EA is able to make good growth by starting small.)
- Set PERCENT RISK to 0.5 up to 0.9 (Again, start small to see the potential and quality of this EA. It’s very good, you will experience what I mean when you run it.)
- Set EARLY CLOSE to TRUE (this is important to greedy grab profit money even when it’s not reaching the TP level)
- Set PERCENT TO CLOSE TRADE EARLY to 0.06 (test it out, which works best for your above settings. 0.06 is a good start value.)
Trade Setup Identification – EA SETTINGS Part 2
- We continue now with the settings for the Trade Setup Identification process
- CHECK ALL 120 VARIABLES
- Set each line to:
- START VALUE: 4
- STEP: 1
- END VALUE: 25
- (You should get 22 STEPS in total for each variable)
CONFIGURATION IS NOW DONE
- START THE TRAIN/TEST PROCESS and LET IT RUN until you FOUND SOME GOOD CONFIGURATIONS based on all METRICS.
- IF THE TRAIN/TEST PROCESS IS FINISHED or you stopped it, observe all optimizing results and metric columns in detail for best trade setup config identification. Sort them and compare metrics.
Back-Testing – Savage Capital Max Scaling Pro – Expert Advisor
For each Back-test we need an optimization table where we be able to pick single configuration versions to analyze it more in depth. Target and key for a good & well performing EA is to find very strong optimizing results in all metrics. The following pictures show examples from an optimizing process and how good metrics should look like.
You should observe only good quality metrics, if you sort them via a column click. In the picture, we focus on the overall tester rating value, after we check every column value. If we found a good version of metrics, we further back test it. Do metrics perform as well as the test result metrics showed us. Yes, great, you know now for sure that you use these settings. In addition, the performance graph must show a nice capital growth curve without big capital losses in balance(DrawDown).
We focus on fewer trades compared to the days of the back tested date range. Like 1–2 trades average each day in relation to the overall trading days in that back-test-period. More trades we don’t need to grow capital. If the configuration is stable over a back-test-range, that version is good enough to run profits.
How to use selected optimizing results to fill the 120 variables with correct setting values
- PICK THE BEST RESULT of YOUR CHOICE with a DOUBLE CLICK from the OPTIMIZING RESULTS TAB. (This sets all values for the 120 variables.)
- Go to INPUT TAB, you will see that all 120 variables are successfully placed from the OPTIMIZING PROCESS version that you picked, to use them now for another single back-test-process to build a performance graph and back test metrics. In INPUT TAB, right-click into a line and save this setup of the 120 variables as a configuration file for this EA, a template.
- SAVE the optimized variable values configuration now to DISK
- There is your GOOD CONFIGURATION FILE for this EA READY TO USE for LIVE TRADING.
- OPEN A NEW CHART for your target and OPTIMIZED MARKET, DRAG & DROP the EA on the CHART.
- LOAD THE CONFIGURATION FILE, the saved template, from Point 2.
- ALLOW EA TRADING in MetaTrader 5 & FOR THIS EA. The EA symbol (on Chart) will turn into blue color, on the RIGHT UPPER CORNER inside a chart window.
- Wait for EA Trade Execution – HAPPY TRADING, DAY by DAY, TRADE by TRADE.
About Back-Testing Metrics
Focus always on the metrics! You want good metrics in all columns. You be able to switch always to another setting save and use the config for live trading, this works for any market and observes the best setting for this underlying market structure.
Bach-Test-Metrics in Detail:
- Overall Back-Test-Result Quality: higher is better
- Max Profit: higher is better
- Executed Trades: lower is better
- Profit Factor: higher is better
- Expected: higher is better
- Draw Down: lower is better
- Recovery: higher is better
- Sharp Ratio: higher is better
A bad EA/config version from any EA program will always show big draw dawn curves, or produces lots of trades, or hold trades over multiple days of capital exposure, and mismanagement of SL & TP (Stop Loss & Take Profit).